Sometime we need to have multiple instances of Sitecore on single machine if we are working on different projects, it is quite easy to have in case of Sitecore but in case Sitecore Commerce we need to make some changes in our Sitecore Commerce Installation Powershell scripts to make this happen as Sitecore Commerce has different different roles with some different port number like below –
- CommerAuthoring uses port number 5000
- CommerceMinion uses port number 5010
- CommerceOps uses port number 5015
- CommerceShops uses port number 5005
- BizFix uses port number 4200
- Identity Server uses port number 5050
So if we install Sitecore Commerce without any changes on our machine first time then by default commerce installation script uses above port numbers.
So now to install multiple Sitecore Commerce instances on a single machine we need to make some changes.
Follow this blog by Sandeep Pote to install Sitecore Commerce 10. In this blog post after following steps till #16, open Deploy-Sitecore-Commerce.ps1 again and do following changes –
- Change $SiteHostHeaderName value to sxa.storefront.com to something else like sxa10.storefront.com (if your previous instance name is sxa.storefront.com)
- Change $CommerceServicesDbName value to sc10_SitecoreCommerce_SharedEnvironments (again if your previous DB name is SitecoreCommerce_SharedEnvironments)
- Change $CommerceServicesGlobalDbName value to sc10_SitecoreCommerce_Global (again if your previous DB name is SitecoreCommerce_Global)
- Change $CommerceOpsServicesPort value from 5015 to any port number like 5016
- Change $CommerceShopsServicesPort value from 5005 to any port number like 5006
- Change $CommerceAuthoringServicesPort value from 5000 to any port number like 5001
- Change $CommerceMinionsServicesPort value from 5010 to any port number like 5011
- Change $BizFxSiteName value from SitecoreBizFx to something else like SitecoreBizFx10 (if your previous instance name is SitecoreBizFx)
- Change $BizFxPort value from 4200 to any port number like 4201
See below screenshot, I have 2 instances on my machine –
That’s it, this is how you can install multiple Sitecore Commerce 10 instances on single machine.
Happy Coding 🙂
#sitecore #sitecorecommerce #developers